My family

My family
Child of God, Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Aunt, and friend

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Giving HIM the glory

I feel kinda icky today, and so I'll keep this short and sweet.
Even though I haven't felt great today, I decided to push through anyways and do my best to have a productive day. Well, I'm glad to say that I did. As I was doing some of the mundane household chores, I thought to myself,"Why do I even bother...it's going to get messed up in 2 minutes anyways!" Then God whispered in my ear "I will praise God's name in song, and glorify him with thanksgiving." (Psalm 69:30) What better way to glorify God then to take pride in my beautiful home, with which I would be without if it weren't for God's amazing provisions. Sure, I get tired of doing the same load of laundry, washing the same dishes, and picking up the same toys, but it is all for the glory of an awesome God that I serve. Thank you Lord for teaching me to be thankful.

Anticipating a blessed tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that frustration and the gentle reminder to give thanks as well! I actually talked with Maxx about this very thing yesterday when he was complaining about chores. It really helps to shift the focus from grunt work to working for the Lord.
I hope your day is a good one!
Love you!
~V

cKAja said...

good post, thanks
vana