My family

My family
Child of God, Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Aunt, and friend

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Good Morning Glory

Ever wake up and just think to yourself (or shout out loud for that matter), GOD IS GOOD! This morning I woke up to find my precious little Kayla, an almost 3 year old, just sitting on the couch watching cartoons all by herself. I mean, where did the time go? This is the 4th day in a row that she hasn't come to get me when she wakes up, which has usually been around 6:30. She wakes up, quiet as a mouse, comes out into the living room, grabs a blanket from the couch and cuddles up, all the time making sure to be quiet. Is this something I've "trained" her to do, you may ask? Not at all! She started doing it on her own, and I'm certainly not going to argue or dispute it. Anna usually gets up around 7:30 or so, so at that point Kayla has already been up for an hour. It just boggles my brain sometimes at the things these little ones do. When I ask her how long she's been up and if she wants to come get me she can, she just looks at me with her big doe eyes and says, "Mommy...I wake up early and wanted to come out here on the couch and cuddle." What a precious little gift children are. I have learned more about innocence, and other life lessons from them then I ever thought possible. Today, and everyday, I have a very thankful heart to my Lord for blessing me with the gift of children.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Girl, I leave Ella alone for five seconds and my house is covered in coffee grounds. Don't ask.