My family

My family
Child of God, Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Aunt, and friend

Friday, December 14, 2007

First steps

I can hardly believe this day came for me already. It feels like only a few months ago that I was coming home from the birthing center with my precious new baby Anna, and already she is taking her first steps. Yesterday I was on the phone with Lauren, and Anna was cruising up and down the couch as always, when all of the sudden she let go and started WALKING towards one of her toys. Naturally I started screaming like a frantic person, and I'm sure Lauren's ears were a ringing. I just couldn't believe my eyes. She took about 3 steps before plopping on her bottom, and then after getting off the phone, she did it a little more. I think I threw her for a bit of a curve because she was feeding off my excitement and then she could no longer concentrate enough to do it anymore. Needless to say, I had a "happy headache" for the rest of the night from all the screaming I did, but it was certainly worth it! I am so proud of her!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I can't believe how strong and determined she is and at such an early age, too! I say early, but maybe my kids got too much of my lazy gene...=]

Lauren said...

....and I was so thrilled that I got to be a part of that "first" experience with you sis! How precious and meaningful our little children are, yes? I can't wait to give Anna a big hug of congratulations! See you in 6 days!!!